GENERAL COUNSEL LEVERAGE
Our team includes the former general counsel of a publicly-traded insurance holding company, who also served as the company’s Chief Compliance Officer and Privacy Officer. With this experience and perspective, we are able to assist our clients with a variety of day-to-day legal matters, particularly where in-house legal resources are limited or non-existent. Our GC Leverage capability can help you secure on-demand legal resources to augment your internal legal function and bridge the gap to more specialized and costly external counsel. We will work cooperatively with you as a business partner to identify the right level of service to meet your needs and budget, on either a fixed fee or hourly basis.
Our GC Leverage services include:
Daily legal “blocking and tackling” that internal legal personnel would typically perform, including:
- Corporate governance – entity maintenance/licensing, draft board/committee minutes, stock ledger management, RSAs/stock option agreements, manage annual meeting of stockholders, including drafting proxy statements.
- Risk management – review corporate insurance program, review/create corporate policies and procedures.
- Securities – draft/review Form 8-K and other financial disclosures, advise on disclosure requirements.
- Special projects – review/advise on new legal/regulatory requirements or emerging issues as requested.
Manage and advise on all types of employee and compliance matters, including:
- General Employment Advice – Advise on difficult employee issues, including FMLA/ADA compliance, FLSA wage and hour compliance, employee/independent contractor classification, reductions-in-force and terminations. Prepare severance agreements/releases. Draft and review employee handbook and employment policies. Advise on applicability of new statutory or regulatory requirements in employment arena.
- Non-competes – Draft and review non-compete, non-solicitation and confidentiality provisions. Evaluate validity of non-compete agreements for potential hires. Prepare cease and desist letters for non-compete violators.
- Investigations – Conduct internal investigations into allegations of harassment, discrimination, and retaliation, as well as other matters.
- EEOC/Agency Charges – Prepare responses to charges/complaints filed by employees with the EEOC, DOL or other state agencies.
Assist with review and advice for all types of commercial contracts including:
- Consulting and service
- Technology, including outsourcing, development, and license agreements.
- Marketing, including supplier contracts for marketing collateral, media buy agreements and sponsorship deals.
- Real estate, including commercial leases, mortgages and financing.
- Secured financing
- General Agency/Managing General Agency
Regulatory and Compliance
Advise on regulatory matters and assist with establishing compliant business processes. Draft policies to implement regulatory requirements. Interface with regulators as needed.
- Electronic signatures
Mergers and Acquisitions
Manage of internal due diligence processes and team coordination for M&A transactions.